Ryan Bowen 2011. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

3DS Max

Ah, the benefits of being a student! As I write this, Autodesk 3DS Max is downloading onto my laptop!

"You thief! You darn software pirating theif!" I hear you cry! Alas no, I did not pirate this software nor is it a trial!

Being a student I am lucky in that Autodesk are giving me any of their software I want for free, I had a tough time choosing what I'd want and I finally settled on 3DS Max since a Google search told me it's more suitable for game developers.

Why am I downloading 3DS Max? The main reason is because I can but if I wish to become a game developer I want to be a jack-of-all-trades kind of developer, able to make games alone in my spare time if I can so 3D modelling is a skill I need.

I've dabbled with 3DS Max before with a trial version years ago, I also tried Blender but never got into seriously. Now I intend to change that by learning it seriously. By no means will this affect my programming studies, learn C and C++ still take priority but this is a fun learning experience on the side since I'm currently not at university thanks to these long breaks we get.

I'm not sure what I'm going to use to learn 3DS Max yet, I've heard good things about Lynda's tutorials but I prefer books so I may go for the following:


If anyone knows of any better books, let me know but reading Amazon's reviews it looks like it's a good place for beginners to start.

Obviously if I make anything I'll be sure to show it to you all first, I'll even post a tutorial of what I've learned if anyone's interested?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am !

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews